Re: help with sleuthkit symbols

Em qua., 29 de jul. de 2020 às 15:51, Samuel Henrique
<samueloph@debian.org> escreveu:

> Hello Team,
>
> I discussed this with Francisco and we decided to drop the symbols
> file for sleuthkit, that is mainly because sleuthkit is in parts
> written by Cpp, but also because the extra complexity on maintaining
> such file is not worth it, considering the only package using
> seluthkit's library is sleuthkit itself.

Reverse Depends:
  libtsk-dev,libtsk13 4.6.5-1
  sleuthkit,libtsk13 4.4.1
  guestfsd,libtsk13 4.2.0
  libguestfs0,libtsk13 4.2.0

Removing the symbols is a bad approach. Symbols are essential to watch
ABI status. Is need to think about the current and future of the
packages depending on the library. If the problem is only
"symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-revision", simply
remove the revision digit from each line inside the symbols file.

Regards,

Eriberto