Re: volatility3 in Debian?

Em sex., 10 de abr. de 2020 às 12:42, Raphael Hertzog
<hertzog@debian.org> escreveu:

> Hello Eriberto,
>
> in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=938797#46 you said
> that you were working on volatility3. Can you give us some updates?
>
> While Debian dropped volatility, we have kept it in Kali as we hoped
> to have volatility3 available as replacement soon.
>
> Can we help in some way? Can you push your initial work already?

Hi Raphael,

Sorry for stopping the packaging work. I need more time to analyse the
source code, but I think Vol3 is not eligible for main. It uses some
profiles (Windows, etc.) not versioned and without a licensing (I
think that it can't be licensing). Vol3 also phone to home to download
these profiles.

Maybe I can restart my work over the vol3 up to July. Feel free to
take over the package. I will put my current work in Salsa now[1].

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/eriberto/volatility3

Cheers,

Eriberto