Re: Status of libewf, transition to handle

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019, Aleksey Kravchenko wrote:
> The work in libewf salsa repository was interrupted by upstream
> maintainer Joachim Metz.

Do you have any pointer to this discussion?

> He was against publishing libewf-experimental-20171104 [1] into debian
> unstable and insisted on using legacy version libewf-20140807 [2].
> Salsa watch file points to the wrong repository, the version 20140807 is
> last stable version, and the version 20171104 from experimental should not
> migrate.

What is the correct repository?

> I and Hilko did not had time to correct wrong and half-done salsa git
> history. I believe we should
> 1. Rename current debian/master branch to debian/master-old (or something)
> 2. Start new debian/master from the commit it diverged with published
> version and use gbp import-orig/import-dsc

I can restore debian/master to the state matching unstable.

> 3. Do the same for the debian/expiremental branch

AFAIK debian/experimental matches what's in experimental so I don't see
what you'd like to see fixed here.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer