Re: RFS: arno-iptables-firewall/2.0.3-1 [ITA]

Hello Sven,

are there still chances to get this into buster?

Yes, we still have plenty of time, the full freeze is only on 2019-03-12, as you can see here[0]. It is better if we manage to upload to unstable before the soft freeze though, which I think will definitely happen. So we regarding Buster we're good.

Is there anybody who can help reviewing this package?

I already started reviewing, but I want to make sure I review everything thoroughly and I'm not having that much free time lately, but I will end it eventually, and soon.
Also thanks a lot to Aleksey for helping with reviewing.

I know there are people waiting for an updated/upgraded version in
buster.

Do you think these people could test the version in experimental? As far as I currently reviewed it looks like the only problem which may hit us is on upgrades of the package, I mean, I want to make sure that an upgrade of the package will not break any configuration file (which does not look like will happen but it's better if people actually tested on their systems).

I've seen some {pre/post}{rmínstall} parts to deal with very old versions of configs from arno, and also a comment asking if that was needed, I didn't properly read the scripts yet but agree with you, we can remove that parts because they are for versions prior to old-old-stable. Feel free to remove them.

Regards,

[0]https://release.debian.org/buster/freeze_policy.html

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>