ITP: inetsim

Hi GengYu,

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 06:25:11 +0000
GengYu Rao <zouyoo at outlook.com> wrote:

> I added the --no-enable, (...)
> I tried to purge while it is running as a service, and It works fine.

You also need to drop the ENABLED=0 from /etc/default/inetsim and the
corresponding code that looks at $ENABLED in the init.d script.
(Otherwise the service has to be enabled in two places?)

You'll then realize that you also need `--no-start` (otherwise the
daemon *will* start on package installation) which means you have to
create your own logic in the maintainer script for
 * restarting the service on upgrade (if that makes sense for the
   service) and
 * stopping it when the package is removed.
For restarting the service on upgrade, I'd recommend you implement a
"try-restart" command in the init script which you can then call from
postinst.

I also noticed you are still installing the "examples" to /var/lib and
haven't responded to my previous comments [1].  Any progress on that?

Regards
Lukas

[1]?https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-security-team/Week-of-Mon-20180129/002475.html