X facts about Debian - some fact checking and looking for ideas.

Hi,

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017, shirish ????? wrote:
> As far as fact-checking goes, can anybody share about Debian and Kali
> Linux relationship in bit more detail. AFAIK Rapha?l Hertzog is one of
> the main developers and there has been lot of symbiotic relationship
> between the two projects but how much both projects have benefited
> from this partnership has not been codified or told/shared anywhere
> AFAIK.
>
> The only thing I could get is
> https://docs.kali.org/policy/kali-linux-relationship-with-debian which
> seems to be pretty dry and short as far as documentation goes.

You know, you could have sent me an email if you wanted to have some
information on my work. You can have a look at my blog, I post monthly
summaries where I report the work I did on Debian and Kali.

http://raphaelhertzog.com

There's also a section about the relationship with Kali in this book:
https://kali.training/chapter-1/relationship-with-debian/
https://kali.training/chapter-1/a-bit-of-history/

I also gave a talk last year in Debconf:
https://kali.training/chapter-1/a-bit-of-history/

I started the pkg-security team notably to help bring back Kali
packages into Debian and to make it easier to help maintain security
packages that we use in Kali and that come straight from Debian.

https://debconf16.debconf.org/talks/39/

HTH.

Cheers,
--