Hashcat new release 3.30

On 07/01/2017 18:24, Samuel Henrique wrote:
> Hi all :)
>
>     Hi Samuel, i was working on that update too and i have seen that there
>     is the kfreebsd patch that needs to be adjusted
>
>     i have started by working on what changed in src/folder.c and
>     src/Makefile but i had no time to finish it and i would like to help you
>     with what i have already done
>
>     let's keep in touch
>

> Ok, i just pushed my changes, you can see them there.
> You are right about the patches, the #2 HUNK of folder.c was applied
> upstream, so i removed it. The other patch just needed to be refreshed.
> It also looks like they're making a lot of changes since 3.30, we should
> send our patches upstream.

ok seen, i have noticed that upstream change but i hadn't checked the
other files, i have seen that they have added many new lines of code and
i wanted to be sure that their update makes the kfreebsd patch useless

> There's one critical change needed before releasing 3.30, it looks like
> they're setting RPATH, they probably were trying to do that before but
> we had no problems because it was not working[1].
> We should patch it to use shared libraries instead, you can read more
> about this here[2].

created a quick patch to remove it, now i'm doing some testing builds
with sbuild to see what happened and how to deal with those libs

> If you want, you can push your changes into a different branch so i can
> have a look (you can use debian/lorenzo, for example).

no need for that, i have checked your work and you have already
completed what i was doing