aeskeyfind segmentation fault

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012, Anathema wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I'm trying to use "aeskeyfind" bin to do some tests on my notebook, and
> as the suject says, it segfaults.
>
> Notebook: Samsung RF511 with 4GB of RAM, running Ubuntu 12.04 (just
> don't say...).
>
> I got a memory dump with LiME in a raw format, then I executed
> aeskeyfind and at 51% it segfaulted.
> So I downloaded the src from https://citp.princeton.edu/memory-content/,
> recompiled with -g flag and run with valgrind.
>
> Attached is the log file.
> The bug is at line 109 of aeskeyfind.c
>
> I can't understand nothing about the code so I cannot fix that.

Hi Anathema and thanks for emailing!

If you don't get a quick response here, you might try emailing the authors
of the program, in particular Nadia Heninger and Ariel Feldman.

A segfault is bad news, so hopefully they can take care of it.

You would also do well to file a bug within Debian's bug tracker; I don't
see a segfault reported here
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=aeskeyfind;dist=unstable
. If you're not used to reporting bugs in Debian, it's pretty simple; just
sudo apt-get install reportbug, then type 'reportbug' and it will step you
through the process. That way, other users can easily find the issue, and
hopefully even work to address it!

Thank you again for the email, and I hope you're having a nice
holiday season!

-- Asheesh.