pritine-tar data

Le samedi 11 juin 2011 ? 10:38:40 (+0200 CEST), Christophe Monniez a ?crit?:
> Le mardi 07 juin 2011 ? 18:53 +0200, Julien Valroff a ?crit :
> > Le mardi 07 juin 2011 ? 08:49:36 (+0200 CEST), Christophe Monniez a ?crit :
> > > Le dimanche 05 juin 2011 ? 14:12 +0200, Julien Valroff a ?crit :
> > [...]
> > > >

> > > I use the method described here:
> > > http://documentation.debian-projects.org/other/debian-packaging-git/
> > > Mainly the "4.3 Adding new Upstream version"  point.
> >
> > I think this method is somehow outdated now that we have a very reliable
> > tool which takes care of that automatically: git-buildpackage
> >
> > Using git-import-* tools and gbp-clone makes the workflow very easy, I
> > suggest you have a look at these tools.
> >

> I took a look at the git-buildpackage tools and read the documentation.
> I then gave it a try and it seems pretty easy.
>
> But I have a few questions:
> A) As it was an habit to use the branch name "debian" for the debian
> branch of the debian forensics packages (appart from a few like afflib
> because of gbp), is it better to rename it to master for all of our
> package ? Or to modify the gbp configuration in each ".git/gbp.conf" ?

You can use the --debian-branch=debian option each time you invoke gbp or
related command.
It might also be worth specifying ignore-branch = True in ~/.gbp.conf

gpb options can also be set on a per-package basis in debian/gpb.conf (but I
personally don't like this option).

But if you switch to using gbp, it is true that the debian branch should be
"master", that makes things a little bit easier (and don't make eg.
gbp-clone scream ;)

> B) When I tried it against afflib, there was a few conflicts when
> merging. I didn't find advices on how to resolve them in the
> documentation. Is there a typical workflow for that ?

You can use git-import-orig --no-merge option and then merge upstream and
debian branches as you would normally do.

Cheers,
Julien

--
  .''`.   Julien Valroff ~ <julien at kirya.net> ~ <julien at debian.org>
 : :'  :  Debian Developer & Free software contributor