Proposal for handling maintainer/uploaders

Il giorno Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:15:09 +0100
Daniel Baumann <daniel at debian.org> ha scritto:

> Hi,

Hi Daniel,

> [..]
>
> For the maintainer field, I recommend to set it to the team mailinglist
> (forensics-devel at l.a.d.o), rather than to an individual person.

Fully agreed.

> For the uploaders field, I'd like to cite Frans Pop[2]:
>
>     [..]
>
> Means, the person(s) listed in uploaders should be the primary
> responsible person for the package and is expected to take care that the
> package is in good shape (e.g. be present in testing). But everyone else
> should be welcome to just add himself if he does take care about it.
> Something like a 'add yourself when it becomes necessary'-way.

Agreed as well. This is what we do in Debian-Med: who's really concerned about
a package (i.e. did the packaging, has particular interest, ...) adds himself
to Uploaders. (in Debian-Perl, instead, only DD/DMs were added to Uploaders)

However, I think we should write a sort of "Policy" of the group. Recently I
wrote Debian-Med's one [1], we could take that as reference.

Kindly,
David

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

--