Re: LDAP, DMZ, private lan

   Putting the authentication server, be it LDAP or RADIUS, on
   the private newtork is most common from my experience.  You
   would only allow authentication sessions from a specified host
   to the auth server through your inside firewall.

   I suppose you could setup two-stage authentication using an
   LDAP in the DMZ and then one on the private network.  You
   might not want to replicate in that case.  A little more work
   to manage, but that's always the case when making it more
   secure.

   jc

Thusly Thwacked By Christian Hammers: