Re: How to handle NMUs in salsa

El 10/5/24 a las 23:33, Drew Parsons escribió:
On 2024-05-10 20:30, Santiago Vila wrote:
Hello.

Need some guidance here: It is ok if I commit to salsa the NMU of
slepc made by Benjamin Drung for the t64 transition?
(The package is already in testing and unstable)

I ask because I want to report (and maybe fix myself) a makefile bug.

Also: The question is both about this precise case but also about
any general guideline for that that may exist or should be followed.

Thanks.

No, please do not do that.  The patch is incredibly invasive.
I've filed a request to move on with slepc 3.20

Ok, I'm not doing anything, but sorry, I'm a little bit lost here.

Do not do exactly what?

We don't want git history to reflect actual releases?

If yes: Do you mean that NMU release 3.19.2+dfsg1-2.1 will not appear
in git history at all? (I did not know such thing was allowed/accepted).

Or maybe do you refer (by "invasive") to the patch required to fix
the makefile bug which I have not even reported yet? (I believe
this is less likely what you meant, but I'm not 100% sure).

Could you please clarify?

(btw: Didn't realize there was a 3.20 release in experimental,
will test it before reporting anything, thanks!)

Thanks.