Re: RFS: updated packages libticcutils, libfolia, uctodata, ucto, timbl, timblserver, mbt, mbtserver, frogdata, frog

Hi Maarten,

Le 02/02/2024 à 14:47, Maarten van Gompel a écrit :
Hi,

After a hiatus of too many years, I finally updated the debian packages for
our software stack to their latest upstream releases:

* https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/libticcutils
* https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/libfolia
* https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/uctodata
* https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/ucto
* https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/timbl
* https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/timblserver
* https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/mbt
* https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/mbtserver
* https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/frogdata
* https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/frog

The packages should be built in the above order because of intra-dependencies.

As it's been a while, I hope I did everything right. Of course
I verified the packages work, so things look promising.

I did get some minor lintian warnings like:

   W: frog source: superfluous-file-pattern m4/pkg.m4 [debian/copyright:48]

... because of an earlier m4/* pattern. But judging by the documentation
that should be allowed?

One other relevant issue (for Frog) is the time64 transition (
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1061954) , which I hope
I handled okay now.

I'm hoping someone is willing to upload these packages? (and add the debian/vX.XX git tag)

Kind Regards,

Thanks for all this work!

I see ticcutils (at least) is affected by the ongoing 64-bit time_t transition, it has been NMU-ed to experimental. Would you mind waiting for the end of this process (also acknowledging the related uploads and new binary package names in your packaging at that time) so that we don't interfere with the transition?

Best,

--
Pierre