Re: Using videos in presentations

Greetings, Leopold,

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 12:35:30PM +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:

I like to use LaTeX and if I need to make a presentation I use Beamer. In the past, if I had to insert a video, I could do it with the necessary packages and any Acroread could played it.

It seems that from 2021 it is not possible, although that Okular can show it and I'm quite sure that other pdf viewers that are in the archive can do it.

I would prefer to not use libreoffice to make a presentation but I have not found any useful information to do it in a pdf with the tools that we have in Debian.

Do you know how can I insert a video in a presentation using the package that we have in Debian?

Not actually helping you with your precise issue, but I discovered years ago
this software to make presentations, dynamic or not, and that may include video
files:

https://sozi.baierouge.fr/pages/10-about.html

Basically, you create an Inskcape drawing with as many layers as you have
distinct slides in your presentation. Then, you kind of move the camera from one
layer to the other using a wealth of dynamic mechanisms.
You can play videos inside the layers, if necessary.

I use it for talks by exporting the presentation to html (javascript) or PDF.

Regards,
Filippo

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Filippo Rusconi, PhD