Re: How to build compatible packages that use Eigen?

Thanks for replying

ucko@debian.org (Aaron M. Ucko) writes:

> It might help to make Eigen's symbols local to your shared library; to
> that end, I think it would work to feed the linker a version script
> reading something along the lines of
>
> {
>      local:
>          extern "C++" {
>              Eigen::*;
>          };
>      global:
>          *;
> };

Sorry, I'm not familiar-enough with linker scripts. I would pass this to
the linker when building libg2o.so? Or the end-user would need to use
this when build-time linking their application? The run-time dynamic
linker doesn't need this, right?

I'm pretty sure having libg2o only call its own copies of the Eigen
stuff would solve some of the problems, but I'm also pretty sure it will
not solve all of them in this case. But it's definitely worth trying.

Alternatively, we can patch Debian's copy of Eigen to remove all the
variability. That WOULD fix it, but I'd like to run more tests first.

Thanks