Help with hyperspy's test suite and numba

Hello,

I'm trying to get hyperspy in shape for testing[1]. Diane's upload of
numba and Andreas' upload of dask unblocked the issues with its reverse
dependencies, and I'm now left with failing tests on its test suite[2]

All tests are in this form, and the full test suite output can be found
at [2]:

    FAILED hyperspy/tests/utils/test_roi.py::TestInteractive::test_lazy_interactive_snap[False] - numba.core.errors.TypingError: Failed in nopython mode pipeline (step: nopython frontend)
    No implementation of function Function(<function where at 0x7f8a43dacea0>) found for signature:

     >>> where(bool, float64, float64)

    There are 4 candidate implementations:
      - Of which 4 did not match due to:
      Overload in function '_OverloadWrapper._build.<locals>.ol_generated': File: numba/core/overload_glue.py: Line 129.
        With argument(s): '(bool, float64, float64)':
       Rejected as the implementation raised a specific error:
         TypeError: code() argument 13 must be str, not int
      raised from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/numba/core/overload_glue.py:64
    During: resolving callee type: Function(<function where at 0x7f8a43dacea0>)
    During: typing of call at /builds/science-team/hyperspy/debian/output/source_dir/.pybuild/cpython3_3.11_hyperspy/build/hyperspy/misc/array_tools.py (557)
    File "hyperspy/misc/array_tools.py", line 557:
    def round_half_towards_zero(array, decimals=0):  # pragma: no cover
        <source elided>
        return np.where(array >= 0,
        ^

Unfortunately, I don't know enough of numba to debug this further. Can
someone help me figure out a next step to deal with this?

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/1028548
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/hyperspy/-/jobs/3810806

Thanks,

Enrico