Re: Want to contribute to Debian Science

On Wed, Jul 06, 2022 at 01:08:53PM +0530, Shobhit Singh wrote:
> I want to start contribute to Debian Science (especially maths and logic).

If you are interested in math, you might want to check out the debian math
team[1]

> What are all the ways I can contribute to this team?

Number of ways,
	- New packages
	- Updating very old packages (lying around) to latest versions
	  (ofcourse ensuring nothing else breaks)
	- Fixing bugs -- we have a number of them[2]
	- Doing QA work, adding autopkgtests[3]
	- Making packages reproducible, working on cross-buildability etc

For more exhaustive answer if you are looking for what to contribute,
I would recommend going over Paul's email here[4].

> Where should I get started? What are the preferred resources for learning
> Debian packaging and maintenance?

Videos:
	https://laotzu.ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/2021/DebConf21/debconf21-142-live-packaging-workshop.webm
	https://debconf21.debconf.org/talks/49-building-from-source-tutorial/