status for language pairs of apertium and friends?

Hi Kartik/Tino,

As you might have noticed, the latest version of apertium in debian
changed a requirement on one command line option, and that has opened
several RC bugs in the language pair packages[1]

Tino told me several months back[2] that they plan on removing these lang pairs altogether
and instead package them in a monorepo. So I wanted to ask:

a) Is there some progress on it?
b) And meanwhile does it make sense to fix these RC bugs? - I ask because there are a dozen of them.

Let me know.

Regards,
Nilesh

[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org (search apertium here)