can I safely use dpkg from sid on bookworm?

Hi,
I'm trying to build packages for the upcoming jammy Ubuntu release
I've setup a private depot for these package

When publishing the repo, I end with error like that:

dpkg-deb: error: archive 'jammy_pool/main/mmg-doc_5.5.2-2.2_all.deb' uses unknown compression for member 'control.tar.zst', giving up
dpkg-scanpackages: error: couldn't parse control information from jammy_pool/main/mmg-doc_5.5.2-2.2_all.deb

It seems that this issue has been fixed with latest dpkg (aka 1.21)
My question is can I use an update dpkg version from sid on my bookworm system?

Thanks for your feedback
Best

Christophe TROPHIME
Research Engineer