LinuxCNC in New Queue - upstream as an alternative to teams on salsa

Hello,

LinuxCNC.org has its own Debian repository since a couple of decades.
<Petter> and I have worked as DDs with upstream over the past few weeks
to eliminate a series of lintian errors and sidetracked ourselves here
and there, but yesterday LinuxCNC arrived in the New Queue. Its runtime
(suggested) dependency "mesaflash" was already uploaded a month earlier.
Two developers from upstream agreed to become Debian Maintainers.

What I am fond of is that we have so far resisted to bring the
Debianisation to salsa. Everything went through upstream's github
repository. From my side this was motivated as an expression of respect
for the long history that Debian has with LinuxCNC. It was important to
me not to split/disturb their community because of Debian. Debian
developers should just help and support.

So, I think this has worked. If you happen to be close to robotics
and/or CNC machining, or close to those who are near, please get in
touch with them or <petter>. <Petter> prepared for the introduction of
po4a to help with their localisation that certainly can use more
eyeballs and help orchestrating translators with less ITish backgrounds.

Best,
Steffen