Re: Debian Math Team

Hi Anton,

My first impression is the same -- that may increase fragmentation.
But in fact, as long as the main contributors on these packages are
happy, why should we stop them :-)

Debian contributors are already scarce. If a new team help a group
of maintainers retain their enthusiasm, it will be good.

I think I have done something similar -- I splitted the deep learning
stuff from the science team umbrella into a dedicated team.
In this way people who have a specific interest will have a better
place to collaborate. Besides, deep learning team inherited the
science team policy, and ML-Policy handles some new problems.

Overall a new team should be good. As long as the maintainer permission
is given to every contributor. Or, it is suggested to directly
assign the maintainer access to the whole science team.