Re: Debian Math Team

On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 09:20:18PM +0100, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Le lundi 01 novembre 2021 à 15:28 +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> > Hi Julien,
> >
> > Am Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 04:15:28PM +0100 schrieb Julien Puydt:
> > > For all packages in the debian science team, I'm ok with them
> > > moving to
> > > the new team. [I have no clue how to move them]
> >
> > How to move a package:
> >
> >  In Salsa:
> >
> >     Settings
> >       -> General
> >            -> Advanced [Expand]
> >                 -> Transfer project
> >
> > This redirects users who are using the old URL.  For sure you need
> > the
> > according permissions in both teams (not sure whether maintainer is
> > sufficient or whether you need owner).
> >

> Hmmmm... for each package, the Maintainer field in d/control should
> probably be changed to -- "Debian Math Team
> <debian-math@lists.debian.org" ?

The much better option would be to use <team+math@tracker.debian.org> instead.
So as to avoid large volumes of processing emails onto the main mailing list.

Both golang and python teams use something similar,
"<team+pkg-go@tracker.debian.org>" and "<team+python@tracker.debian.org>" respectively.

> [Probably the mailing-list should
> exist first]

See bug#998244 and consider replying to it please, so as to
raise interest in creation of this mailing list.

Thanks,
Nilesh