Re: Debian Math Team

On 2021-10-29 19:31, Torrance, Douglas wrote:
During the Debian Science BoF at this year's DebConf, there was some
discussion of creating a team devoted to packaging mathematical software.

This seemed like a pretty good idea, so I figured that I'd go ahead and
start working on getting it set up.  I've already created a Salsa group
and a team on the Debian Package Tracker

Here are a couple of worthy candidates for the Debian Math Team, RFA and RTP:

- facile - functional constraint library - is looking for adoption, https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/facile

- python-facile (python interface to facile) could be useful to package, more flexible than scipy.optimize
  https://github.com/xoolive/facile

Drew