Re: Self-introduction and questions

On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 02:20:05PM +0200, Chiara Marmo wrote:
> Dear list,

Hello hello,

> my name is Chiara Marmo.
> I have previously contributed to debian as packager of the aravis library [1].
> Recently I have worked for the scikit-learn Consortium at Inria [2].
> I am interested in improving my contributions to debian and I was wondering
> if I can made myself useful for the team packaging scikit-learn.

:-)

> To put myself at work I have tried to package locally the library using the
> current content of the repo on salsa [3]: it seems to me that the current
> master on salsa contains files that are not present in upstream. Is that
> expected? Do you mind if I synchronize the contents of the two repos and
> propose a merge request on salsa?

Please do.

In case there are obstacles: Express it.   [4]

> Thanks for listening.
> Best,
>
> Chiara

Regards
Geert Stappers
Part-time   part-time "Frontdesk Debian Sciene"

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team/aravis
[2] https://scikit-learn.fondation-inria.fr/home/
[3] https://salsa.debian.org/cmarmo-guest/scikit-learn
[4] Speak freely.  Tell it like it is.
:-) a sign for "do feel welcome"  ;-)
;-) some signal like "we are all friendly people here"
--
Silence is hard to parse