Maven packages in Debian (was Re: Progress in preparing the Bazel Build System for Debian (COVID-19 Biohackathon follow-up))

On Wed, 6 May 2020, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > Or perhaps we need a webpage or wiki page generated by parsing the
> > Contents file and listing the matching Debian package for each class
> > or, at least, Java package (unless split across multiple packages)…
>
> I remember times when such a web page (actually some autogenerated text
> file) existed which was **extremely** helpful.  I wished this would be
> back!
>
> > … I just volunteerd, didn’t I?

Here you are:

https://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenPkgs

Sponsored by ⮡ tarent, see below.

This is step 1, the list of all Maven packages ⇒ Debian package name.
It doesn’t go as far as to map Java packages or even classes… yet.
For this I’d have to download all those packages, extract them and
look into the JARs. I’d prefer some central service to offer archive
contents if possible (diffoscope already extracts archives anyway).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
tarent solutions GmbH