Re: joining the science team to package spaCy & gensim

On Thu, 2020-08-27 at 19:55 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> My employer is interested in having spaCy and gensim in Debian.
>
> https://spacy.io/

Due to the hostility of Explosion AI towards spaCy and thinc being
available in the Debian archive, my employer has decided to stop
working on this. We may revisit this decision at a later time.

https://github.com/explosion/cython-blis/issues/32
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/developer-duties.en.html#coordination-with-upstream-developers

I'll continue to work on getting gensim into Debian though.

[Please CC me in reply, I'm not subscribed to the list]

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise