Re: New Mail list debian-ai available

Being an AI scientist, and also the "uploader" of an AI software package
(toulbar2, which is not deep learning related but graphical models
based), I'm curious whether the toulbar2 package should be referenced in
debian-ai (no if it's only Deep Learning there).

Reducing AI to Deep learning will probably be considered as a severely
restricted view of what AI is by most AI scientists (consider the topics
of a general AI conference such as the International Joint Cinference on
AI - IJCAI - or even in a more specialized learning conference such  as
ICML or NeurIPS). It's also a non efficient one, there are plenty of AI
tasks for which DL is not an optimal (or even feasible) choice.

The list should probably better be either called debian-dl (and focused
on Deep Learning stuff) or debian-ai (and be widened in its scope).
Names matter I think.

Kind regards,

Thomas