Seeking netlib / blas advise (Was: gjh_asl_json package dependency)

Hi,

I'm mentoring Andrei in a Debian Med MoM project[1] and recommended to
ask here.  It seems to make sense to put netlib / blas in the subject
to attract the attention of those who know about this more directly.

On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 01:56:21PM +0200, Andrei Rozanski wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I am working on packaging gjh_asl_json
> (https://github.com/ghackebeil/gjh_asl_json).
>
> For gjh_asl_json, it is necessary to fetch
> |http://www.ampl.com/netlib/ampl/solvers.tgz - |https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/gjh-asl-json/-/blob/master/Thirdparty/get.ASL#L6
>

> in order to be able to compile the program -
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/gjh-asl-json/-/blob/master/Makefile#L27
>

> Searching repos for netlib one can get:
>
> ```
>
> sudo apt-cache search netlib
>
> libblas-dev - Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines 3, static library
> libblas-test - Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines 3, testing programs
> libblas3 - Basic Linear Algebra Reference implementations, shared library
> gdl-mpfit - Robust non-linear least squares curve fitting for GDL
> libmtj-java - Java library for developing numerical applications
> libnetlib-java - collection of mission-critical software components for
> linear algebra systems
> ```
>
> I would like to kindly as for your opinion on the usage of those libraries
> or adding |http://www.ampl.com/netlib/ampl/solvers.tgz |as separate package.

Thanks for any helpful hints
   Andreas,

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/MoM/-/wikis/home