Re: RFS ete

Thanks for your help. I can build the package on buster and bullyseye.
Which distribution do you use? I find the version of softwares like
python is quite new.
> 1. I am under the impression that the Python package should be named
> 'ete3', not 'ete'. After installing the .deb package Python command
> 'import ete3' fails.
The upstream uses `ete` as the name of repository but they call the
Python package `ete3`. In their paper, they explain the number 3 is
the version and in their roadmap they plan to release `ete4`.
(https://github.com/etetoolkit/ete/wiki/ROADMAP). I think using a
version independent name like `ete` for source package and
`python3-ete` for library is convenient. How to do think about it?

The import error has been fixed.

2-5 has been fixed now.
> 6. Please consider maintaining this package under the umbrella of Debian
> Python or Science teams. To do so, join the appropriate team, move the
> packaging repository to their namespace, and adjust Maintainer and
> Uploaders fields in debian/control.
I have created a directory in
https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/ete3 but I do not have
privileges to create a branch. Can you help on it?

Yours
zhaofeng-shu33