Re: RFS: symfit/0.5.2-1 [ITP] -- Symbolic Fitting in Python, fitting as it should be

On 2020-06-23 09:55, Drew Parsons wrote:
Nice work.  I can sponsor this.

Drew

On 2020-06-23 01:00, Stephan Lachnit wrote:
Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: wishlist

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "symfit"

 * Package name    : symfit
   Version         : 0.5.2-1
   Upstream Author : Martin Roelfs <u0114255@kuleuven.be>
 * URL             : https://github.com/tBuLi/symfit
 * License         : GPL-2.0-or-later
 * Vcs             : https://salsa.debian.org/stephanlachnit/symfit
   Section         : python

It builds those binary packages:

  python3-symfit - Symbolic Fitting in Python, fitting as it should be

Hi Stephan, you haven't got a doc package in place yet for symfit. But the docs build cleanly, the template generated for dh_make gives the pattern for python packages like this. Would you like to add this before update?

Setting up debian/tests can be useful too. With pytests it shouldn't be hard to do. (2 tests currently fail but should be straightforward to fix or work around).

debian/tests can be added later, but probably a good idea to add the doc package now. Otherwise it'll be waiting in the NEW queue twice.

Drew