Re: PSPP removed from Debian

Hi Friedrich,

On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 03:51:34PM +0200, Friedrich Beckmann wrote:
> Hi John, hi Andreas
>
> the debian science team did the last CVE patches and wanted to maintain
> the package. I think the reason for removal is described here:

> The science team moved the debian code to the salsa git repository and I found
> a patch (or at least something that might fix that) here:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/pspp/-/commit/86bb103cbb9313ea70326a00223a2510e7462a0f
>
> @Andreas: I am not too sure about the release process - is there anything somebody must do to release this?

I think I gave up un the Python3 migration.  Please write to the team -
I'm personally not interested in pspp and flooded with work that is
connected to fight COVID-19 and I need to restrict my tasks in Debian to
this one for the moment.  To get the package back into Debian somebody
needs to care for the Python3 migration and than the package needs to
pass the new queue again.

Kinf regards