Re: OpenBlas Pthread issue with R

Le jeudi 30 avril 2020 à 10:43 -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :
> On the r-sig-debian list (hosted by the R Project for users of R on Debian
> and Ubuntu) someone pointed out that R hangs on simple calls into OpenBLAS
> Pthread, i.e. /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openblas-pthread/libblas.so.3
>
> To witness, just launch R and issue the   example(solve)   which spends two
> lines setting a helper Hilbert function and input data with it and then hangs
> on the actual call to solve() (see below for full example)
>
> Is this a known issue? Do we need to set some OpenMP env vars to limit thread
> use?

The problem was there in the past but was solved. I don’t know why it
is happening again. See

Also note that (in unstable/testing) there are now OpenMP and single-
threaded flavours of OpenBLAS (in packages libopenblas0-openmp and
libopenblas0-serial). As a workaround, you can try to install one of
these two (and adjust the BLAS alternatives accordingly).

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer