Re: unanswered merge requests

Andreas Tille wrote:
I was just
astonished about the long list of unattended merge requests in Debian
Science team.  I wonder whether we should somehow prevent people from
dumping code there which will simply bitrot since nobody realy cares.

Salsa allows users to request notifications of merge requests [0], or project admins to disable merge requests [1].

This was previously discussed on d-d - Sam Hartman wrote (as part of a list of recommended-but-not-required practices) [2]:
You should make sure that at least one person sets their notification
level to 'watch' rather than global.  This way you will receive
notifications of merge requests and changes.

Hopefully you will choose to monitor merge requests for your
repository.  If not, turn off merge requests.  If you enable merge
requests, you should be as responsive to merge requests as you are
patches in the BTS.

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/help/user/profile/notifications.md
[1] https://salsa.debian.org/help/user/project/settings/index.md#sharing-and-permissions
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2019/10/msg00107.html