Re: [RFS] python-pweave

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020, 14:36 Christian Kastner, <ckk@debian.org> wrote:
On 27.02.20 06:17, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> I fixed python-pweave's currently failing autopkgtests.
> Build+autopkgtests pass, and also made it lintian clean.
> I have pushed my changes to the team repo here[1].
> Needs review and sponsorship.

Looks good! Please add/change the following minor issues:

d/changelog:
  * In addition to switching from debhelper to -compat, please
    mention the switch from level 10 to 12
  * With "Fix pandoc flags", please mention that this was done
    by adding a patch to upstream. My first read was that you
    changed something in debian/rules.

d/copyright:
  * The first stanza should be extended from 2013 to 2013-2016

d/test/control: mixes indentation spaces/tabs (last line)

Please fix these; I will upload right after.

Done. Can you please review+upload if everything looks OK?

Other general advice: the package is maintained with git-buildpackage.
With such packages, maintaining patches to upstream with ``gbp pq`` has
the added advantage that it automatically adds a number of DEP-3 [1]
relevant fields to the header.

Speaking of DEP-3, I would have added a 'Bug-Debian' line linking the
patch to #897103; but that's not required, just good practice.

[1] https://dep-team.pages.debian.net/deps/dep3/

Noted thanks! Shall incorporate in future.