Re: Cuba multidimensional integration

On 3/31/19 1:40 PM, Drew Parsons wrote:
On 2019-03-30 21:17, Francesco Montanari wrote:
I should ask upstream about this. However, I get these warnings also
when I successfully build with `debian/rules build`. I attach the
successful log at the bottom. The main difference I see compared to
the failing log (running pkg-buildpackage), is that the successful
build does:

ln -sf libcuba.so.4.2 libcuba.so.4
ln -sf libcuba.so.4 libcuba.so

The only serious difference between dpkg-buildpackage and debian/rules is that dpkg-buildpackage will automatically apply patches while debian/rules build will not (you have to do it manually, e.g. dh_quilt_patch).

Do you have something in debian/patches that dpkg-buildpackage is applying to the source, that might be fouling up the build conditions?

I do have patches to create the shared objects and add hardening flags. Since I get both also with `debian/rules build` I was assuming the patch is applied.

However, playing back with the original source without patches I noticed that the undefined reference error originated when compiling in parallel. Setting --no-parallel in debian/rules I build successfully also with debuild. Thanks for the tips!

(Indeed, looking at the logs the succesful `debian/rules build` was running without parallelization, and the failing dpkg-buildpackage was running in parallel.)

I still get the ‘memcpy’ pointer overflow warning when using hardening flags, I'll notify upstream.

If not, do you have a chroot (e.g. pbuilder, sbuild, or debian project machine) you could use to build with?  That eliminates any random deviations in your system configuration.
With --no-parallel I build successfully also with pdebuild.

I am now going through the remaining lintian warnings. I have a doubt about the following:

I: cuba source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 9
N:
N: The Files paragraph in debian/copyright appears to be superfluous as it
N:    is does not match any files.
N:
N:    You should be able to safely remove it.
N:
N:    This can also be caused by incorrect relative ordering of paragraphs.
N:
N:    Refer to
N:    https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/ for
N:    details.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: source-copyright, Type: source

However, I adapted this paragraph from section `5.2.1. Example files paragraphs' of the link mentioned above. To me it looks fine as it is, am I missing something? I report debian/copyright below.

Thanks,
Francesco

1 Format: https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/
     2	Upstream-Name: cuba
     3	Source: http://www.feynarts.de/cuba/
     4
     5	Files: *
     6	Copyright: 2011-2016, Thomas Hahn <hahn@feynarts.de>
     7	License: LGPL-3+
     8
     9	Files: debian/*
    10	Copyright: 2018, Francesco Montanari <fmnt@fmnt.info>
    11	License: LGPL-3+
    12
    13	Files: debian/*
    14	Copyright: 2011, Igor Pashev <pashev.igor@gmail.com>
    15	License: WTFPL-2
    16
    17	License: LGPL-3+
18 This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify 19 it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
    20	 the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
    21	 (at your option) any later version.
    22	 .
    23	 This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    24	 but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    25	 MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
    26	 GNU General Public License for more details.
    27	 .
    28	 You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
29 along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
    30	 .
    31	 On Debian systems, the full text of the GNU General Public
    32	 License version 2 can be found in the file
    33	 `/usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL-3'.
    34
    35
    36	License: WTFPL-2
    37	            DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
    38	                    Version 2, December 2004
    39	 .
    40	 Copyright (C) 2004 Sam Hocevar <sam@hocevar.net>
    41	 .
    42	 Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified
    43	 copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long
    44	 as the name is changed.
    45	 .
    46	            DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
    47	   TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
    48	 .
    49	  0. You just DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.