Re: Rebuild packages using mpich instead of openmpi

Look at the mpi-default-dev package. Most packages using MPI should depend on it (only depending on eg libopenmpi-dev if its specifically openmpi dependent).

Edit /usr/share/mpi-default-dev/debian_defaults locally, change openmpi -> mpich. Then

# apt install libmpich-dev mpich

# apt remove libopenmpi-dev openmpi-bin

This also removes mpi-default-dev, which is a "build-depends" of building (most) packages with MPI. I'm on buster, if that matters.

I would like to re-build the packages the debian way (sort of a local NMU), ie, apt source <package>; apt build-dep <package>; ...; debuild -us -uc.

Oops; correct.  No need to do the "apt remove".

Do the above, without the apt remove, _before_ doing the rebuild a la NMU.

Regards,
-- st

--
Alastair McKinstry, email: alastair@sceal.ie, matrix: @alastair:sceal.ie
Commander Vimes didn’t like the phrase “The innocent have nothing to fear,”