Re: Python3 Port of ModelBuilder

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019, Andreas Tille wrote:

Hi Flávio,

Varun Hiremath once cared for Debian packages of ModelBuilder[1].  His
effort seemed to have been stalled and so Debian remained at version
0.4.1.  In the process of migrating all Debian packages from Python2 to
Python3 I stumbled upon this package and moved under Debian Science
team maintenance[2].

I realised that version 0.4.6 need a Python module BIP[3].  (BTW, as a
general remark: It would be nice if you would keep release tags in sync
with PyPI.)  Since BIP is not packaged for Debian I would consider doing
so - but only Python3 modules are permitted to go into Debian.  Since
I'm not sure whether I will reach my original goal to get ModelBuilder
converted to Python3 succesfully I wonder whether you can uncover some
plan you might have with ModelBuilder whether you want to port it
yourself do Python3.

Hi Andreas,

Do you (or Flavio) plan on porting model-builder to Python 3?

If not, I will probably just convert this to an RM request as it seems model-builder is unmaintained upstream (and downstream).

Thanks,
Scott