Re: Tried to upgrade skimage to see whether #945389 is fixed but failed

Hi Andreas,

I think that is the moment where the skimage build should be simplified
to the "official" build process: Python convention is that symbols
starting with an underscore are internal only (and ofcourse subject to
quick and unannounced changes). debian/bin/process_pyx.py however
depends on them (_build.py and f.e. the _changed() function). IMO this
should be taken out completely in favor of a standard, simplified build.
No idea however how difficult this is.

Cheers

Ole