Re: Adding Python 3.8 as a supported Python3 version

On 18/11/2019 07:07, Matthias Klose wrote:
On 18.11.19 07:52, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
So I've uploaded a python-xarray 0.14.0-2 which passes on python3.7.

Its failing on python 3.8 but apparently due to pandas not ready on 3.8, so it
should be ok to pass as the transition completes.

I think that error is just pandas *not being built* for 3.8 yet: a Python version transition is ~500 binNMUs and that takes time.

xarray really needs dask >= 2.0 but version 1 is in unstable; I've disabled some
functionality (dask='parallelize') and marked some tests xfail until this is done.

Alastair

yes, people are aware of a needed dask update, see #942235. There's now also a
dask 2.8 release available, I didn't look at that yet.

dask is itself failing autopkgtests, and this is blocking pandas and pytest, so is a problem independently of xarray. (The breakage was originally caused by pytest 4, but pandas 0.25 Build-Depends: on that.)