Re: MBF: don't build against libatlas3-base if possible

On 2019-10-30 21:48, Mo Zhou wrote:

We can add two lintian WARNINGs:

  W: linkage-against-specific-blas-lapack-implementation

    triggered when detected any specific BLAS/LAPACK implementation
    in shlibs:Depends . The package should link against the standard
	blas/lapack:

	  libblas3 | libblas.so.3,
	  liblapack3 | liblapack.so.3,

    In order to enable the update-alternative mechanism.

  W: linkage-against-libcblas

    triggered when libcblas.so.* has been found in shlibs:Depends.
	that indicates the maintainer may have fallen into a trap.

I'll raise a discussion about this on -science and take further
action according to the result.

lintian warnings on this are a good idea.

I'll look into building a petsc64 package with 64 bit addressing, following through to dolfin64. I've done it already for CRAY, it allows more interesting systems to be computed.

Drew