Re: BSSw Fellowship Program, able to receive funding from the U.S. Department of Energy

Hi Geert,

On 07.09.19 13:11, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 07, 2019 at 10:33:46AM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> it seems that the program is only for certain people working in the US:
>> "Applicants must be affiliated with a U.S.-based institution that is
>> able to receive funding from the U.S. Department of Energy."
>>
>> That is ofcourse a pity for us.
>
> Our "us" is world wide, it includes the US of A.

Sure -- what I mean is that we (Debian) are world wide, and we have very
powerful people maintaining science software everywhere. Having such an
opportunity so geographically limited is a pity for us.

> So thank you for bringing it to the attention of us.

If someone successfully applies, it would be great to hear about! It
would be a big plus for Debian.

Best regards

Ole