Re: RFR: src:lapack's 64bit-indexing variant

Dear Mo Zhou,

Le samedi 27 juillet 2019 à 19:55 -0700, Mo Zhou a écrit :
> My 64bit-indexing updates for src:lapack are ready for
> review. Please have a look at my git commits on the
> "lumin" branch:
>

> git@salsa.debian.org
> :science-team/lapack.git -b lumin

Thanks for your work. I have merged your changes (squashing them into a
single commit).

I pushed a few further commits from myself to address some remaining
issues. The main one concerns the override to dh_makeshlibs that you
had removed, but which is really needed so that packages have the
correct DEBIAN/shlibs file generated.

The only change that I’d like you to do now is to add DEP-3 headers to
makefile-blas-remove-dep.patch.

Otherwise things look good, and you can proceed with the upload (to
experimental, since we have to go through NEW, and because of the new
source-only uploads policy).

> 2. Upstream CBLAS code is not ready for the
>    64bit-indexing feature. the upstream somehow postponed
>    this feature[1]. As a result, I didn't deal with
>    the CBLAS build and CBLAS development files.
>    I can patch CBLAS, but let's do it when the
>    64bit variant of OpenBLAS is available.
>
> 3. the test packages and autopkgtest updates are
>    postponed by me. Let's finalize them in the
>    next round of src:lapack update with the
>    CBLAS64 patch.

If I understand correctly, your intention is to fix these two remaining
issues in a subsequent upload? That's fine with me, as long as we don't
forget them.

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot