Update of sagemath due to drop of Python(2)

Hi all

I am the maintainer of pandocfilters, which rdepends on python-nbconvert which
is a dependency of sagemath-jupiter. Since the Python team plans to drop
Python(2) in the foreseeable future, this would also affect my package. I would
hence like to request an update to the latest sagemath 8.8 which has been ported
almost completely to Python3. The remaining patch to get full Python3
compatibility is small (~700 lines) and if somebody from this team would be so
kind to update to the latest sagemath version, I'd be happy to port the Fedora
patch to Debian; I have attached it for reference.

Thanks
Sebastian