Re: scientific python stack transitions

matplotlib and scikit-learn have also had upstream releases, and numpy is likely to soon; I do not know their maintainers' intentions.

On 07/07/2019 12:59, Drew Parsons wrote:
On 2019-07-07 19:29, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
I'd like to get [pandas+statsmodels] up to latest upstream in time for the next Ubuntu
(freeze 22 August[2]), but am not sure if this is realistic for
pandas, given the rather large number of rdeps.

Speaking of updates, I want to drop scipy 1.2 into unstable in the coming days if not hours.

Given that scipy 1.2 is ready to go in experimental (statsmodels isn't - I'd like to at least merge the packaging changes from unstable), and has already been in an Ubuntu release, it probably makes sense for it to go first.

scipy 1.3 is now released but we should take it through experimental first, it may have changed some API.