Please start reviewing the updated OpenBLAS packaging for six different flavors

Hi Sébastien and science team,

Please start checking the updated openblas packaging here, I'm almost
finalizing the changes. The experimental package can be built and installed:
https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/openblas/tree/lumin

I say "almost" because this is a hell of detail. I still have to check
the package contents again, and compare the headers for different
variants. That would still take some time but the basic shaping of
the package was finished. I guess I still have to fix some missing
"64" postfixes, or something alike.

My main development architecture is Power9 (ppc64el), and the amd64
build takes very long time for me. So I'll keep focusing on ppc64el
architecture instead of amd64.

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 06:09:36PM +0100, Sébastien Villemot wrote:

> Thanks for working on this. I did not look at the details, but the
> overall design looks good to me. Let’s talk again about it when Buster
> is released.

Experimental doesn't block. :-)

> > The first upload should go to experimental, and we will need a simple
> > transition:
> >
> >  Good: .depends ~ /\b(libopenblas0)\b/
> >  Bad: .depends ~ /\b(libopenblas-base)\b/
> >
> > where libopenblas-base is changed into a transitional dummy package.
> > It should be removed for Debian 12.
>
> Note that for a similar transition in the past (libblas3gf → libblas3),
> the Release Team declined to schedule rebuilds, since it’s not an ABI
> change (just a package renaming). Hence we had to wait for rebuilds to
> be gradually made over time through sourceful uploads.

I'm fine with that. The libopenblas-base -> libopenblas0 transition
can be manually done quickly, according to
$ apt rdepends libopenblas-base