Potential bug in jh_build (Was: fannj: FTBFS in buster/sid)

Hi,

I'd like to make some noise again about this issue.  I'm concerned
about the fact that

    jh_build --javadoc-opts='-link /usr/share/doc/default-jdk-doc/api'

was creating a JAR file until some point in time but it does not
any more.  Is this a bug in jh_build?