Re: Rebuild packages using mpich instead of openmpi

On 26/3/2019 7:30 PM, Alastair McKinstry wrote:

Thanks!

Look at the mpi-default-dev package. Most packages using MPI should depend on it (only depending on eg libopenmpi-dev if its specifically openmpi dependent).

Edit /usr/share/mpi-default-dev/debian_defaults locally, change openmpi -> mpich. Then

# apt install libmpich-dev mpich

# apt remove libopenmpi-dev openmpi-bin

This also removes mpi-default-dev, which is a "build-depends" of building (most) packages with MPI. I'm on buster, if that matters.

I would like to re-build the packages the debian way (sort of a local NMU), ie, apt source <package>; apt build-dep <package>; ...; debuild -us -uc.

Regards,
-- st