Re: statsmodels

On 13/02/2019 09:10, Andreas Tille wrote:
Any volunteer to backport the relevant changes I pushed to Git right now
to 0.8.0?

I intend to try tomorrow, if the uploaders don't say anything first.

I'm actually wondering why the package did not got any removal
from testing warning (or did I missed something)?

statsmodels is considered a key package (i.e. can't be autoremoved) because of the statsmodels -> seaborn -> sphinx-gallery -> matplotlib build-dependency chain.

The autoremoval list (sorted by maintainer/team) is
https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/autoremovals.cgi

PS: As a general note: We probably need more people dedicated to Debian
Science QA work.

I guess that's sort of what I do (and if statsmodels and/or pandas were to become available, they are at least things I use).