Re: blas wreckage ?

Le lundi 07 janvier 2019 à 11:53 +0100, Jörg-Volker Peetz a écrit :

> running the appended little script on my system a lot of packages are found
> which contain libraries linked to libopenblas.so.0. But all these packages don't
> declare a dependency on libopenblas-base.
> This seems to me not o.k.
>
> Since libblas.so.3 from package libopenblas-base itself is linked to
> libopenblas.so.0, I guess the linking to libopenblas.so.0 is expendable.
>
> Any idea?

It looks like you are misled by ldd, which for some reason lists
libopenblas.so.0 as an ELF dynamic dependency, while it is not actually
needed (at least as a direct dependency).

For example, liboctave6 appears in your list, and indeed ldd returns
libopenblas.so.0 in the ELF dynamic dependencies when libopenblas-base
is installed. But as soon as I remove openblas, that dependency
disappears, and octave runs smoothly.

So I think there is no bug here, only confusing output from ldd.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer