Re: hwloc and openblas backports for AMD Zen

Hi Frederik,

I think backporting openblas is possible, and it won't require much
work. Recently I've worked on some similar packages. intel-mkl has
been backported to stable but I suspect whether MKL's performance
is guaranteed on AMD CPUs. Another new BLAS library called BLIS
is waiting in the NEW queue, which ships AMD Zen CPU support.

I CC'ed Sébastien in case he didn't subscribe to the backports list.
Science team is also CC'ed because we're talking about BLAS.